Bridge Cottages are two self-contained, heritage-listed cottages in Richmond, south east Tasmania. Richmond is an historic village, 20 minutes (27 kilometres/17 miles) north east of Hobart.The conjoined Bridge Cottages were built in 1823 to accommodate the sergeant in charge of the construction of the Richmond Bridge and the VillageÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s arms store. You can stay in the fully restored cottages Ã¢â‚¬â€œ known as the Armoury and the SergeantÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Quarters - which overlook the Bridge in the centre of the Richmond village.Each Cottage accommodates two guests - the Armoury has one queen bedroom, and the SergeantÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Quarters has a double. Both feature a sitting room with cosy open fireplace and country-style kitchen opening to a dining area and sunroom. French doors lead to a garden courtyard, and the cottages also have a laundry with washing machine and dryer and separate bathroom. Complimentary port and chocolates and full breakfast provisions are supplied.A walk through Richmond will reveal the townÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s fine collection of Georgian architecture including the Richmond Bridge (1823), Richmond Gaol (1825), Village Store (1836), St JohnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Church (1836) and the Court House (1825) among many others. .